Saturday, June 14, 2008

My boy is a rock star.

Check this out. I'm so proud of him, it was mesmerizing to watch his hands, and see the right strumming to the beat and the left zipping over the fingerboard (neck...sorry, violinist...and I use that term in the loosest possible sense...writing this), all while he was singing the lyrics (correctly) to two separate songs, all I could think of is...















"Wow. That's my kid. I made him. Wasn't he just born a little while ago?"

OK I'm waiting for it to upload, so in the meantime, some pics!


Cutie-tiger striped doggie sweater. It's a long story, here it is in a nutshell - The colours are my older daughter's soccer team colours, and




Oh my God. did I mention we have a mouse? Or probably mice? I was sitting here typing away and I swear I saw something out of the corner of my eye. The problem is that I can't stop looking over there, even though I know I'll scream my head off if I actually see something for sure.


OK, deep breath. Back to tiger sweaters. On the soccer team is a little girl who just got a teeny weeny pomeranian/chihuahua mix puppy, and he is so cute. Yes, I'm still glancing at where I think I saw the mouse. Anyway, my precious child volunteered me to knit the dog a sweater. So I cast it on Friday night, and sure enough the dog's 'mom' said she'd heard a rumour I was making this. So then I bragged (because I am such a loser) that I could probably get it done for Monday's game.

So of course I finished the thing tonight. The seaming on the bottom is a bit dodgy, there are only about 4 rows after the leg opening. I think I should probably rip that back and re-do the chest and make it a bit longer. But then I keep thinking, "it's for a dog", and I don't.

Here it is:





















It actually only took about 2 hours of not-particularly-concerted knitting. I did weave in the ends as I went, and you can see as I got to the base of the sweater I started realizing how many ends there were going to be, hence the large black stripe.

No comments: