Sunday, March 25, 2007

knitting redux

Oh right...the other knitting disaster...I'm making a poncho for Meredith, and I couldn't find any good free patterns online (not knowing at the time about the HUGE variety of free patterns at www.lionbrand.com), so I picked up a Patons pattern. Finished the knitting, and blocked it and one side came out different from the other. I think my knitting loosened up as I got faster at it. I've only been knitting for about 9 months and am self-taught so God only knows...

After blocking, I seamed up the front and back, and it looks great, then onto the hood. The directions for the hood are I swear the worst I've ever seen. I've stitched it once, it looked like crap, so I ripped it apart. I re-did it, and it still looked wrong, so now I've taken it apart again, except in doing so I started pulling apart the wrong stitches, and now I have a big gaping hole in the hood that needs to be repaired. Sob.

So this project is sitting in time-out for a day or two. I promised Meredith it would be done by Friday so I guess I'll pull it out on Wednesday and give it another chance. In the meantime, I've found some fun cotton patterns online to try for summer, so it's off to the wool store tomorrow to pick colours, my favourite thing!

No comments: