Sunday, March 25, 2007

knitting

In other news, the knitting projects hit a bit of a hiccup (ok brick wall) this week. I made a LTK soaker, checked my gauge, it ended up about the right size for a pretty big two year old. I couldn't believe it when I held it up....and why can't I seem to see this coming? I even felted it before realizing it was a lost cause, good thing it was pretty cheap wool, and only took half a skien. Here's a pic of the second version, which I had to rip out halfway through because I messed up splitting for the leg holes (argh).



It actually turned out nice, and was a very quick knit. I'll definitely make more with this one.

Oh, and we've discovered babylegs. Katja is wearing a pair of babylegs I made - these are about 20 bucks a pair online, and they're really just cut off and hemmed knee socks, as far as I can tell. One of the women from the Pin (www.diaperpin.com) said you just take knee socks and cut them off, don't even bother hemming them, and voila - babylegs.

Being inherently lazy (and cheap) I tried it, and they turned out great. K wore a dress later in the day with her "babylegs" and they were perfect.

It occurs to me that 90% of my decisions these days come from being cheap (cloth diapers, breastfeeding, knitting my own soakers/longies) or lazy (breastfeeding, cosleeping).

No comments: