Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Still hating the blanket!






But some FO's - I decided to make more shorties for DD as the ones I made her are loose, which is great for a non-crawler, but not working for super-action-baby. So I sized down my needles and made these:






LTK Picky pants, in a lighter worsted wool I got from a yarn store I just discovered at the end of my block (!!!). I did the eyelet garter finish, and used very small needles (3 mm) for the waistband, and added a few extra rows to the waistband. I also changed the eyelet row in the waistband from *K2tog, YO*, repeat to *k2, YO, P2tog* repeat - it makes less eyelets, and I think it's tidier hugs her waist better. The body of these is done with size 7 addi turbo needles. Don't ask me why for some projects I give the metric size and some I use the US size. It's just whatever side of the size gauge I happen to be looking at.




And an action shot:








Man, how stinkin' cute is that?? They fit like a dream. So sweet. Oh, I made the legs super short - I only did two rows then did the finish. Love how it turned out.




Loved it so much, I made another pair! These were
made from Paton's wool, dyed by me with
kool-aid, witih a cream trim. You can really see the eyelet cuff in this, they are so sweet.

I used size 6's on these. They're nice and snug on. These were so much fun to knit, they're pretty quick and the cuff is interesting, so it was enjoyable. I even enjoyed weaving in the ends. I know, I'm going nuts. I don't get much time to myself.

No comments: