Friday, December 14, 2007

i have just about had it completely 100%

I am just fed up today. I'm so totally not in the Christmas spirit, it doesn't feel like Christmas, yet we are celebrating on Sunday, which is less than two days from now. Then we move on to real Christmas. Then Katja''s birthday four days later.

So here's the to-do list

1. Get knitting finished:
- scarf for Nadine
- hat and scarf for Lisa
- socks for Max and Meredith (this is a big problem, due Sunday morning....might have to abandon as not started
and yarn not purchased
- scarf and hat for Dan (ideally)
-snowflake longies for Katja
- soaker for Aimee
-soakers for website

Christmas FO's
- Stacy's hat and scarf
- mom's hat and scarf
- Nadine's hat
- longies for Katja (not a Christmas FO per se...but she needed longies)
- Irene scarf (yippee)

2. Get baking finished.
- sugar cookies done
- butter tarts and mince tarts done
- cheese wafers chilling in mom's fridge
- gingersnaps, shortbread, spritz (if Max can fix the press in metal shop - this will be a post-Sunday treat)

3. find: camera charger, katja and Dan's stockings, one of Max's christmas presents

4. WORK telephone calls to about 10 clients. Letters on 3 files I can think of. Petition to draft, motion to draft and file, set up cross examinations, follow up on receivables, do trust accounting and RST return. Change name on trust account to Roch. Return emails to S.T. and M.H. Draft complex affidavit (x2), get sworn and arrange hearing dates. Follow up on sentencing date and presentence report. Follow up on drug treatment court. Just remembered letter to another client. Set up plan for young offender. Adjourn hearing set for Jan 3. I refuse to work Jan 3.

If I get these things done in the next 36 hours, I will be caught up by Christmas. I think I'm going to have to take a moment and try to find a way to pretend I'm getting stuff done while I eat cookies and feel sorry for myself.


Edited to add: On reading knitting blogs at Christmastime, and in particular the Yarn Harlot's, I've come to realize that what I experienced was entirely normal, and quite frankly, I don't think I took on enough this Christmas when I look at what everyone else is doing!

No comments: