Friday, February 8, 2008

brutal

The stupid internets are running slow tonight. I find this blogging thing rather tedious as it is, what with the uploading of photos, etc. I'm always glad I blogged, but when I'm busy I avoid it.

So - I made myself some great warm wool house socks, because I can't find my other slipper. The beautiful shearling slippers that were purchased on the day of Katja's birth, about 14 hours before she was born, whilst I was in hard labour. The slippers I yelled at Dan to come and rescue when my water broke. I love those slippers.

And one is missing. It seriously pisses me off.

So I'm making these warm socks, I take pics, and I'm bragging to everyone on Ravelry how fast I made them. That was about a week ago. I'm wearing them now, as a matter of fact. Except my feet are cold. There are massive holes in the soles of both. I guess this wasn't the right yarn fo the job.

So I made max some socks out of patons and a stash wool, he loves them. They are so warm he takes them off because his feet are too hot. Dan wants some. I finish the first sock for Dan, and Max comes to me asking for a bigger pair, but felted. So now I am going to have two pairs of mens' 8 socks, but only one man to wear them. So I guess I'll be wearing big socks this winter. And now Meredy wants a pair. and I found a nice pattern for another warm sock.

I never really 'got' socks and why people were obsessed with them. But now I get it. They're pretty fast. They're beautiful, they're impressive, and the needles are so little. Love 'em.

I am making two socks. One thick, with a lovely combination of patons and a sturdy grey wool from the stash. One is with a self-patterning sock yarn from Rams. I'm just swatching now. Or rather I WAS swatching, now I'm blogging and my swatch is lying in a heap on teh floor, hopelessly tangled up with my second slipper for Dan. Craptacular. I'm walking away from the situation.

1 comment:

Domestic Adventuress said...

Hey there, Knitting Queen! Have a new photo of your longies (and my baby) posted today! :)