Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm missing Sock Summit



I am missing SS09 And I'm ok with it, because at the time registrations were taking place, I didn't think I would even really want to go. But I've knit a few socks since then, joined the Rockin' Sock Club, and have finally gotten the bug for sock knitting.

I made socks for the midwives' gifts, and honestly, I think it was probably the coolest gift they ever got - a sock is an awesome gift, because most people just marvel that you can make such a thing (which is funny if you are also reading Little House on the Prairie when knitting socks). The other great thing about socks is that each pattern is a bit different, so it remains challenging.

An average sock is solidly a 5 hour to 8 hour project for me, depending on complexity and whether I get extended knitting periods. I have two socks on the go right now, a super plain navy for my father in law (and wonderful babysitter) and a fancy pair, probably for a gift.

Our midwives' gift - pair of handknit socks, a pound of organic fair trade coffee, and a gourmet chocolate bar.


And of course a birth announcement with a very heartfelt "thank you". I haven't posted my birth story for either home-birthed girl, so I should really get on that. There's just so much to tell, and I don't often get a lot of time at the computer. Maybe I will start chipping away at it.



No comments: