Friday, January 7, 2011

Abuser

I work prosecuting bad guys in domestic violence situations.

I have sometimes lectured defense or unrepresented accused people and exercised my discretion not to proceed because buddy said he was sorry and deserved a break. Probably bent a rule or two in the pfocess.

But I've been pretty good so far in identifying the real abuser bad guys from the generic douchebags who just need to grow up or stop drinking or whatever.

I've mis-judged some people, but have been bang on with most. Especially the real creeps, the victim-blamers, the controllers, the ozokerite, the esteem crushers. Those are the guys I focus my energy on. They're all guys, almost. A few lesbians, a handful of wives - 220 out of 250 would be men.

Anyway, when they seem sorry and scared and have no record..,,I usually give them s chance. Even two. But never three. And I tell them that. And their lawyers. But never more than twice.

And murderers get zero chances.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: