Sunday, September 2, 2007

Men.

OMG. I had to work this morning, and DH was home with baby for 5 hours. Not 15 hours, FIVE. Needless to say, as I was finishing up a bail hearing, I got a panicked phone call. "She wants her mom" says Mr. I Can Handle Anything Except a Crying Baby. "It's not fair to her that you're gone". I tell him to bring her to court, I can run out and nurse her (thank God the Crown and JP are moms too). He is freaking out to the point that he can't even process this information. Sweet baby Jesus how am I supposed to earn a living when I can't go to work without the man having an anxiety attack?


Note to self: Leave DH home with baby more often. Sheesh.


Here's a pic of DD wearing her cabled hat I made. Now if only she would keep the damned thing on her head. She's stretching the crap out of it. She is incredibly persistent, though, she'll take it off 100 times in a row. I checked. She actually lifts her hands up to her head to take it off before I've even put it back on. Smarty-pants.

I finished the Zenstring longies as well as another hat, must post pics soon. I haven't even tried the longies on her, they're so nice. I always have a part skein of wool left after longies, so she gets a matching hat, too.
I am going to make a sweater and another cable hat for her fall ensemble, as well as a hat for my sweet niece. Oh, and a baptism outfit.
Obviously I need to practice less law and knit more. I wonder how DH will feel about that.

No comments: