Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quickie

I'm totally cheating - I should be working but instead am reading knitting blogs. I will totally tell DH tonight that I worked as much as I could today. But dammit, I just ripped my toenail off (not on purpose and &*$#)( did it hurt), and I'm taking a break. I have a factum to finish, including page numbering, copying, binding, etc. Plus a mediation brief on a file where I lost the documents. All of them. Yep.

So I did finish a project -

LTK picky pants in navy blue 100% wool from the sale bin. Gauge was a bit small so these are a snugger fit but they make baby happy. I also washed and lanolized my other wool today - that should definitely be done more than quarterly with a crawling kid. Man, they hide dirt well, the water was black! But I only had one real pair of longies, so I had to wait until I finished the blue ones.





The wool is just a worsted weight, I think I should stick to aran for dark colours, you can see her diaper underneath.

BUT I did the extended short rows option and they tuck nicely under her big belly so I guess I will stick with this version of the pattern, even though it means more stitches.



DD is definitely getting busier these days. Here she is demonstrating why I shouldn't assume all is well when she is quiet.





That's mud from the plant she was trying to eat.










And here's a pic Meredith took at Build a Bear Workshop on her highly commercial but totally delightful birthday party. It is included only because I look skinny in this photo LOL

No comments: