Thursday, February 28, 2008

I almost called this post...

...'Late Night Musings', then I realized NOBODY will ever read this blog if I right BS like tat. I have a bad ego, I take myself wayy to seriously.

Just counted up the projects - I have 5....6....8 projects on the needles right now. Oops, that's a bit much. What's going on...check my page at to see where stuff is that, I'm slackermom.

Speaking of my beloved website, I decided I'm i love with knitting socks (go figure, everyone else was NOT wrong....it was me...doubting the magic that is sock knitting. The joy of turning a heel, of 'figuring out' the pattern, how a sock works..it's fascinating. I'm so excited to knit a few more pairs so I can master basic sock design (I'm thinking of getting Stephanie's book so I can start with her basic sock recipe.

So - I have one sock on the needles, with my first pair complete, not horrible, and sadly, ripped back and shortened to 8.5" to accommodate the recipient's freakishly small feet. Sorry Lu...but it's true. If you're reading this blog one day and ask yourself if thats you I'm talking about. Yes. It is. Teeny feet.

The rest of the projects - new sock, soaker #4, intarsia longies (Meredith saw these in progress, and said "who made that?"- I said I designed them and knit them, and she said, "that's sooooo coool" - I'm thrilled Meredith is thinking I'm cool. Having a kid in junior high is tough on the ego, it's nice to have the small ones to worship you for a while. I also have grey longies to sell, a garter blankie in Paton's fuzzy bulky stuff but since I read that acrylic isn't sleep-safe and is actually kind of scary vis-a-vis wee sleeping babies, I'm thinking of chucking it and stocking up on wool when I'm in chicago next week. I've also got slippers for Meredith (frogged due to sizing issues....meaning I totally arsed it up), a jonna for me (gauge issues - way too tight), Ice Queen (stalled, I hate the yarn with this project, am struggling to admit defeat). I think that's it.

I want to make some mittens, and knee socks, and a cardigan or cute pullover for me. I want to make a poncho for Meredith, a hat for a friend, socks for Dan, and Meredy's curtains. Plus maybe some lace curtains for the bedroom and a shawl for Phyllis. i must write a post on her, she touched me so much she deserves her own post.

Yawn. Katja will be getting up soon, I'd best be off. She has a wee cold, and is struggling to sleep - I raised the mattress in the crib and the humidifier is on, but she's stuffy and crabby and....ugh.

By tomorrow night I want the soaker done for sure, and at least the waistband on the grey longies. Minimum, the soaker is coming with me all day because it's so mindless. Hope to get to the gusset on the longies - that would be sweet, legs Saturday and finishing and cuffs Sunday. And another soaker.


Totally doable.

No comments: