Thursday, October 4, 2007

Catastrophe

Well, not so much a catastrophe as a major setback. Well, more of an annoyance, actually.


I made a totally dumbass mistake on the baptism dress. I read the instructions


Back piece: = 56-63-70 (77-84) sts. Knit in M.2 – sts not fitting into pattern are knitted in stocking sts. At the same time when the piece measures 22-27-31 (36-40) cm bind off for armhole each side on every other row: 3 sts 1 time, 2 sts 1 time and 1 st 2 times = 42-49-56 (63-70) sts


to mean I should be measuring from the waistband. This is totally counter-intuitive because the skirt is only 26 cm long, and the dress is actually a bit of an empire waist, so the back shouldn't be longer than the skirt. But thanks to knitterly denial, I kept on knitting - 70 stitches across for about 35 rows before I decided I had to start over. I ripped out about 25 cm of knitting. Thankfully the chart wasn't a difficult one. Then I started over, and now we have this (ignore the desperate need for a pedicure please):


The back is done. I have done two rows of the front right side, but that stuff underneath the dress is what some people call "work" that apparently needs to be "finished" before I can get paid. I know, I know, people are so unreasonable.
So the dress gets set aside while I finish a mediation brief and draft a response to the Labour Board on an application and so on and so forth.
I wonder what this nagging feeling I'm having is? Oh right. Impending doom.

No comments: