Sunday, October 21, 2007

Done!

Oh, it turned out beautifully.

The yarn was a bit heavy for the pattern, so I had to do a couple of little modifications. And the crochet edge was a royal pain in the arse with the yarn, it kept splitting and the size 2.5mm crochet hook was...well, there are no words. It's done, it wasn't perfect but at the end of it all, I had no time left and it was really, really sweet.

I tacked the front of the dress together, because it kept flopping over, again a sign to me the yarn was too heavy. I added ribbon to the garter stitching at the waist. I added ribbon to the wrists as well. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. Once Katja was wearing it for a while, though, she got hot and uncomfortable. Bummer.

Pictures tomorrow. They're on the camera but it's upstairs and I just don't want to get it!

No comments: